- Name: The Gods Who Chose Us
- Author: Michael J. Roy
- Type: Adult Science Fiction
- Pages: 361
- Series: Unknown; whether Standalone / Series per online information
- Published: October 14, 2019
- Publisher: Amazon Publishing (Self Published)
Earth is caught in an emerging war between the Greek and Norse pantheons—beings who are real, but not who we thought they were.
The Aesir are desperate to free themselves from the hegemonic rule of Olympia. They send a covert team to Earth to leverage the humans as allies in their pending conflict with their Olympian overlords. By doing this, the Aesir know they will be disrupting an experiment the superior Olympians have been secretly performing on the human race for nearly one thousand years.
However, the Olympians aren’t too keen on allowing the Aesir to tamper with their clandestine plans for humans. The Aesir and Olympians on Earth become entwined in a cat-and-mouse game as they hunt one another, search for unwittingly genetically modified humans, and explore underground facilities at many of Earth’s oldest monuments, uncovering forgotten and dangerous research.
Michael J. Roy leads a data science team for a pharmaceutical and biotechnology consulting firm, while managing the online educational account Minute Mythology (on Instagram and Facebook).
He has degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, and Operations Research from the Pennsylvania State University and Columbia University. In college, his academic research was focused in astrophysics, mathematics, and the life sciences.
He currently lives with his wife and two children in Northern Virginia, outside of Washington, D.C.
*Bio credit goes to: Via the Author
*Synopsis credit goes to: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+gods+who+chose+us&ref=nb_sb_noss
- 11/11/2019 – Mystery Monday
- Tor/Forge & Tor.com Anticipated Winter 2020 Releases
- 11/08/2019 – Fantasy Friday
- 11/07/2019 – Teen Book Thursday
- We Should All Be Feminists – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie