I recently discovered this Readathon created by @MegTomeInfinity on Twitter (www.youtube.com/tomeinfinity) and hosted by @MegTomeInfinity, @SarcasmAndSciFi, @stefgalvin, @Jadedreadr, and @Sarah3ddepp.
I honestly instantly fell in love not only with the idea of the flexibility, but also that we can “catch Pokemon”. I love me some Pokemon!!! The full information spreadsheet for this readathon is located at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OuWkcW0pv9h0xyiUcvIiv4b99Dd9oW65G5Y-b5npk9k/edit?usp=drivesdk
*The point of this Readathon is to first read books to collect BookeBalls. By collecting BookeBalls, you then can increase the amount of BookeMon you can catch at one given time since you have more Pokeballs in your posession. The main goal is to catch as many Pokemon (BookeMon) as possible this way. 🙂
*THIS IS YOUR STARTING BOOKEBALL THAT EVERYONE HAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE READATHON!
*JUNIOR BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL YOU MUST READ A MIDDLE GRADE OR YOUNGER BOOK
*TECH BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL YOU MUST READ A “DIGITAL” FORMAT BOOK, SUCH AS AN EBOOK, AUDIOBOOK, OR EVEN A WEBCOMIC!
*MEGA BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL YOU MUST READ A BOOK OVER 500 PAGES OR 15 HOURS OF AUDIO
*MOOCH BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL READ A BOOK YOU GOT FROM A LIBRARY
*TBR BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL READ A BOOK FROM YOUR PHYSICAL TBR SHELF
*IDENTITY BALL- TO EARN THE BOOKEBALL READ A BOOK THAT YOU IDENTIFY WITH, OR IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT, READ A MARGINALIZED CHARACTER OR AUTHOR.
*EMOJI BALL- TO EARN THIS BOOKEBALL READ A BOOK THAT MAKES YOU EMOTIONAL, REMEMBER THAT THIS DOESN’T HAVE TO MEAN IT MADE YOU CRY, EMOTIONS CAN BE HAPPY TOO!
*This is where you can find your different types of Pokemon. You can figure out type, what corresponding badges they have, and what books are necessary to acquire the Pokemon and corresponding badge. Obtaining Pokeballs will help you later when you are checking off your Pokemon you have caught as you will have more Pokemon caught per book! 🙂
- Bug Pokemon – Badge: Know It All – Must Read: Non-Fiction
- Dragon Pokemon – Badge: Fantastical – Must Read: Fantasy
- Electric Pokemon – Badge: Scientific – Must Read: Sci-Fi
- Fairy Pokemon – Badge: None – Must Read: LGBTQ+ Rep
- Fighting Pokemon – Badge: Diversity – Must Read: Diverse MC, AOC
- Fire Pokemon – Badge: Amour – Must Read: Contemporary, Romance
- Flying Pokemon – Badge: Pictoral – Must Read: Comic, Graphic Novel, Manga
- Ghost Pokemon – Badge: Panic! – Must Read: Horror, Paranormal
- Grass Pokemon – Badge: Jester – Must Read: Comedy, Humor
- Ground Pokemon – Badge: Archival – Must Read: Historical Fiction
- Ice Pokemon – Badge: Prose – Must Read: Poetry, Play
- Normal Pokemon – Badge: Exemplary – Must Read: Classic
- Poison Pokemon – Badge: Chiller – Must Read: Thriller, Crime, Mystery, Etc.
- Psychic Pokemon – Badge: Rainbow – Must Read: Book with Mythology
- Rock Pokemon – Badge: Memory – Must Read: Memoir or Biography
- Steel Pokemon – Badge: None – Must Read: Literary Fiction
- Water Pokemon – Badge: Creative – Must Read: The Arts (Music, Acting, Art, Etc)
My TBR for this is still up in the air, as I am currently participating a lot on Discord and will be posting a ton about this soon on here. So stay tuned for those posts.
Also, sorry for taking this past week off but I really needed to focus on reading and getting what I needed at home done. As this was the last week of the quarter for my son! Family takes priority for me and I needed to make sure he was taken care of!
Good luck and happy reading! XOXO Heather 🙂